Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Office Hours Poetry

Here is what I have posted on my office doors in lieu of office hours:

Office Hour Poetry

Office Hours (a Haiku)

No I will not tell
You what is on the exam
So don’t freaking ask!

Office Hours (a Sonnet)

Professor, Professor, open your door,
The syllabus says that you’re here ‘til four!
I know you are there, I saw you before!
I’ll just be a minute, that and no more!

Please open the door, I’ll be quick, you’ll see!
I just have one question, or two, or three
A small query on the economy
Just a minute or two, and you’ll be free!

He’d heard this before, this story of woe,
The student wants just a minute or so
Sometimes it’s just a quick little hello
The professor bought it once, long, long ago

But now he’s no longer quite so naive
He knows that, once they come, they’ll never leave!

Ode to Office Hours

Office hours, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

(this space left intentionally blank)

No comments: